Skip the primary navigation if you do not want to read it as the next section.
Skip the main content if you do not want to read it as the next section.
If you are a journalist with an urgent media enquiry, please call 08450 77 77 07 and ask for the press office.
Alternatively, please email DSC Press Office
Showing 31 - 40 of 62 items:
- October 2009: Size matters says Legal Handbook author
Commenting on the size of the new and comprehensive third edition of the newly launched Voluntary Sector Legal Handbook, James Sinclair Taylor the head of the Charity Team at Russell-Cooke berated the pressure that the steady flow of legislation is placing on charities.
- September 2009: Now is the time for Government to focus on simplifying and improving its policies for charities
As party conferences begin, DSC is championing the needs of the voluntary sector by calling for political parties to consider five election pledges that will improve the support government provides for charities at little or no cost.
- September 2009: Charity invites government to enter social change awards
A social change award from a national charity enhanced a city councilís bid for funding and underlined its commitment to the community.
- August 2009: Governmentís £15.5m fund: advice for charities that missed out
Small and medium-sized charities that missed out on the Governmentís £15.5m targeted support fund will need to quickly reassess and take action to survive well, says charity financial management expert Kate Sayer.
- August 2009: Back-to-school funding guides for youth organisations
Youth and sports organisations can kick off the school year with fresh fundraising ideas and sources of support listed in two new guides from the Directory of Social Change, The Sports Funding Guide and The Youth Funding Guide.
- July 2009: Resource Alliance and Directory of Social Change Publish Worldwide Fundraiserís Handbook
- June 2009: Hidden grant terms and conditions may cause charities to compromise values
- June 2009: Charities can access training from £25 at Charityfair
Charity workers can access training from £25 in legal, fundraising, leadership, HR and campaigning workshops at Charityfair, on 24 and 25 June in Central Hall Westminster.
- April 2009: DSC releases ratings for 200 government funders
New funder ratings from the Directory of Social Change (DSC) offer an independent insight into what voluntary and community organisations can expect from government funders.
- April 2009: Relief for families struggling to pay for school clothing, books and outings
Cash-strapped families can apply for financial aid for school uniforms, books and outings from grant-making trusts. 1,400 trusts offer up to £61 million for a range of educational grants throughout the UK.