This course date is no longer available.
One day course
If you believe that learning, development and engagement is the route to maximising performance and influencing staff (or other ‘audiences’) to take action, this course is for you. Actually – if you think that’s not true, you should also come on this course!
High staff engagement and development is a fundamental part of any successful organistaion, how you deliver training and presentations to staff will impact how well your staff engagement plans go. This course will support those who already have some experience of designing and delivering training and presentations, to develop their skills and take their game to the next level.
Who should sign up?
Those who already have some experience of speaking publicly or training delivery but want to take their confidence and skills to a higher level.
Senior charity staff and those who speak at conferences and events, as well as those who deliver training, present ideas and visions internally, will find it invaluable.
What will I get out of it?
- Explore the science: What can neuroscience tell us about effective learning, development and engagement?
- Explore the craft: What tools & techniques make the learning process effective?
- Explore the art: What can you do to help individuals and groups get the most from your sessions?
- Develop your own “Action Plan for Raising my Game”
What will it cover?
- The Brain: Facts, Functions and Failings that impact on learning, Judges, Parole and Performance, Why can I remember something as complex as breathing, but not basic information?
- ‘Craft’y ways to get attention: Get over yourself, Help them to get over themselves, Get over the challenges
- The ART of making things stick: Habit is the enemy of invention, Flippin’ classroom or flipped classroom, Repeat buttons and barriers
- Raising my Game Action Planning throughout
The course will offer:
- Pre-course preparation and reflection
- Trainer and group input
- Group & individual exercises or games
- Individual reflection and action planning
Trainer: Mike Phillips
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions