This course date is no longer available.
In learning and development there is a coaching revolution going on. And for good reason: People are too savvy to be ‘managed within an inch of their lives’; Organisations are all trying to do more with less; Managers nowadays have a huge workload as well as the management responsibilities. So it makes sense to empower others to take initiative, problem solve and make decisions. It is a coaching approach, not ‘doing management to people’ that empowers, frees and develops others. Sign up for this course and join the revolution.
Are you working in a changing environment – for charities, that’s usually yes! Are you embedding new technologies to improve service delivery – probably yes again! Sometimes managing people is not the best way to support them to be their best in work. Sometimes it is a coaching approach to developing and supporting others that gets the best results. Sometimes, we need help to get out of our own way in order to see a bigger picture. Coaching skills help you, the manager, to help others get out of their own way.
Who should sign up?
Anyone, at any level in the organisation, who is managing others and is looking for hands off ways to support, motivate and challenge team members.
What will I get out of it?
By the end of the session, you will have:
• Explored the key principles of coaching: what it is and isn’t
• Identified the benefits of coaching and its application in the workplace
• Explored skills, characteristics and behaviours required for coaching and identified your own strengths and development areas
• Explored and practiced using effective coaching questions
• Explored and practiced using a model for structuring coaching conversations
• Been introduced to some other coaching techniques
What will it cover?
• Definition of coaching and its purpose at work as distinct from other forms of support
• Benefits and barriers to coaching within your role
• Core skills and capabilities for effective coaching
• The GROW model for structuring coaching conversations; practice identifying useful questions and practice coaching session and feedback
• Overview of other coaching techniques
Trainer: Cathy Shimmin
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions