Two day course
This date is no longer available. Go back to browsing our other courses.
How do you attract those valuable corporate supporters? This course will take you through what companies are looking for and how to tailor your pitch to them.
During the course we invite someone from the corporate world to join us and you will have the chance to practise presenting, negotiating and pitching to them. This will leave you feeling confident enough to immediately start raising more money for your organisation.
Who should sign up?
Those with some experience of fundraising or are responsible for developing charity partnerships with companies.
What will I get out of it?
- An understanding of companies, alongside their motivations and expectations when working with charities.
- A chance to develop and negotiate appropriate packages to meet the needs of both your charity and the company.
- Identify what your organisation’s strengths and weaknesses are, what your organisation needs and what you can offer a company.
- Explore the factors leading to success in generating income from companies.
- The opportunity to develop and deliver a successful pitch.
- Understand the importance of good account management and the skills that go with it.
- Identify and develop good negotiation and communication skills.
What will it cover?
- The company perspective – why companies give
- Generating creative ideas for win-win partnerships
- The best ways to approach corporate partners
- Practical tips for making a successful pitch
- Opportunity to practise pitching and receive feedback
- Handling negotiations and meetings
- Communication skills
What people said about this course
“An excellent mix of information, participation and access to external professionals. A pacey, info-packed course that really delivers.”
Vanessa Thomas, Hope House Children’s Hospice
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions