One Day Course
This course will equip you with the knowledge and understanding to ensure your organisation complies with the law and good practice on data protection and confidentiality.
You’ll identify the main risks to your charity – and how to mitigate them so you don’t end up in trouble.
Who should sign up?
This course is for those responsible for their organisation’s data protection compliance.
What will I get out of it?
- Understand the purpose and themes of the Data Protection Act and the relationship between data protection and confidentiality.
- Be able to identify the main risk areas and personal data being processed in your organisation.
- Be familiar with the data protection principles.
- Understand the legal obligations of a data controller.
- Ensure your organisation is compliant with data protection requirements.
What will it cover?
- The basis of the Data Protection Act and data protection principles
- Confidentiality and security
- Fair processing, when consent is needed from data subjects and ‘sensitive’ personal data
- Data sharing, disclosure and subject rights
- Notification (the new name for registration)
What people said about this course
“A very worthwhile day, excellent knowledgeable trainer.”
“Thought trainer was outstanding and approachable in his ability to impart a complicated subject.”
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions