One day course
Community and events fundraising combined can be very effective and produce a fruitful relationship if thought through strategically.
If you are lucky to have a pool of community supporters you would be missing a trick by not engaging them in events and not using your community as volunteers
Who should sign up?
This is a session for those who want a beginner’s guide to events and community fundraising.
The session will give an overview of event and community fundraising and how they go hand-in-hand.
It is important to note that this session does not focus on how to plan and manage an event specifically, not the practicalities of events planning per se, but rather what is involved in events and community fundraising, how to make use of your volunteers and how to approach this type of fundraising in a strategic manner.
What will I get out of it?
You will have the opportunity to look at your organisation’s strengths and opportunities in relation to events and community fundraising. To take a more bespoke look at how you can amalgamate the two together and what tools and resources you have to do that. You will also have a chance to explore the right audience and look at how to get the most out of your community with regards to both raising funds and awareness.
What will it cover?
- Understanding community fundraising
- An understanding events fundraising and the various approaches
- A look at how community and events can go hand in hand
- A look at what preparation needs to be in place before finalising the community events action plan
- How to be more strategic when approaching this type of fundraising
- How to use volunteers more effectively.
Trainer: Layla Moosavi
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions