Book included: Managing Without Profit
Three day course
The job of the manager is to achieve the task, by building a team and developing individuals to achieve of their best. Easier said than done. Easier done if you come on this course.
This comprehensive course shows you what management really means, how to go about it, how to improve, and how to make the best of your team. It tells you everything you need to know, and lots more that will add value and confidence to your management role. It’s an absolute must for anyone who wants to be a good manager rather than simply struggling through.
Who should sign up?
For those running small organisations and middle managers.
What will I get out of it?
- Recognise your role as a manager and the importance of being a role model.
- Be able to assess the difference between management and leadership, and why they’re both necessary and important.
- Identify your own preferred management style, and how you communicate.
- Learn how to assess your style, according to what your team and project require.
- Learn how to reflect and use your emotional intelligence to build good relationships and become a great leader.
- Learn the key elements of good decision-making.
- Develop a rounded understanding of recruitment: job descriptions, selection, identifying the right people for the job, as well as legal and moral considerations for recruitment.
- Explore how to prioritise your workloads, management meetings and keep stress under control.
- Learn how to develop effective teams, and support your staff in their work and when priorities change.
- Discover how to identify and tackle poor performance.
- Learn how to manage at a distance, including when your staff work remotely*.
What will it cover?
- The role of the manager and how this fits into the organisation
- The difference between management and leadership
- Self-assessments for communication style, management style, leadership style and emotional intelligence
- Adapting communication and management styles
- Situational leadership
- Making better decisions
- Recruitment and selection, and your role in HR management
- Prioritising workloads, stress and time management of self and staff
- Managing effective meetings
- Team development and leadership
- Change management
- Tackling poor performance
- Planning and delegation
- Remote management*
*If there is no one on the course who manages remote workers, this will not be covered.
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions