Two day course
Charities are dependent on their volunteers. But how do you ensure you recruit the right ones, with the right skills, and then nurture them so they feel rewarded and stay?
This complete course takes you every step through volunteer management, covering every aspect of the vital skills needed.
You’ll learn not only about recruiting volunteers, but how to manage them, make them feel rewarded and valued, and ensure their work fits into the overall strategic direction of your organisation.
You’ll improve your people and management skills, and have the option of earning endorsement from the ILM too.
Who should sign up?
Those who are new to involving volunteers and those who want to review and improve their existing work with volunteers, as well as the experienced looking to approach volunteering more strategically.
What will I get out of it?
- Learn how to effectively recruit and select a diverse team of volunteers that meets your organisation’s needs.
- Develop best practice in volunteer management, learning from case studies and examples from across the charity sector.
- Learn that volunteers do need to be managed, and the techniques for positive management and dealing with problems.
- Create your own action plan during the course to put into action when you get back into the office.
- Think about how volunteers fit into your own organisation’s strategy and culture.
What will it cover?
- Identifying your organisation’s needs and the appropriate diverse volunteers required
- Planning and carrying out effective recruitment and selection
- Volunteer motivation
- Inducting volunteers
- Managing and supervising volunteers
- Assertive management
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Retaining, valuing, training and developing volunteers
- Legal considerations
- Action planning
What people said about this course:
“Excellent training that’s given me the confidence to go back and make changes.”
Jan McKenzie, London Lesbian & Gay Switchboard
You also have the option of gaining Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) endorsement for this course. The ILM is a nationally recognised Awarding body who monitor the quality and the assessment procedures of the Endorsed Programmes.
To gain the endorsement you will need to complete some additional assignments and exercises. These are all based around course content and you can contact the Assessor for any additional support you need. You will also have access to a free six month membership to the ILM which provides access to a range of support and development materials and services. Once you have completed the assessments and it has been marked and passed, you will receive an ILM Endorsed certificate.
If you think the endorsement option is for you simply click on ‘Add Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Certification fee’ under the Booking Options below and it will add the additional £140 fee to your booking and you will be on board to do the endorsement.
Trainer: Sandy Leong
If you have any questions or want any more information on the ILM Endorsed option, just give us a call on 020 7697 4200.
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions