One day course
Make you feel a bit nervous? It wouldn’t be surprising. This course will calm your nerves and help you give interviews that get your charity’s message across clearly and powerfully.
You’ll learn about how to engage with journalists to raise your organisation’s profile, promote your work and safeguard your reputation, then learn step-by-step how to give a great interview, with lots of practical exercises.
Who should sign up?
Anyone whose role includes working with the broadcast media. It will also be useful for those who have to give interviews to print publications.
What will I get out of it?
- A full understanding of how the media works and how to work with it.
- The skills you need to give effective media interviews.
- Build confidence and control nerves when being interviewed.
- Get better at thinking on the spot and dealing with difficult questions.
What will it cover
- What makes ‘a good story’ in media terms
- Tailoring messages to different audiences
- Proactive approaches in good times and reactive responses in a crisis
- Content, voice and body language – the three pillars of the interview
- Techniques for controlling interviews
- Answers first: an exercise that prepares you for interviews
- Print interview on relevant scenario, with expert feedback
- Filmed TV interview, with expert feedback and copy of video recording
Please note that there is a maximum of five delegates on each course to ensure maximum one-to-one feedback.
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions