This date is no longer available. Browse 2018 dates to the left.
One day course
Never has the saying been truer than when it comes to management. Making the transition from led to leader can be tough. But it’ll be a lot easier if you have some basic skills and techniques under your belt.
If you’ve recently become a manager, this course is an absolute must to make you feel confident and effective in your new role.
Who should sign up?
Anyone who has recently moved into a management role for the first time, or is about to.
What will I get out of it?
- Explore some of the issues involved in making the transition from staff to manager.
- Examine what is expected of people with a management role and responsibilities.
- Identify qualities and actions which make an effective manager.
- Guidelines for approaching common concerns for new managers, for example, managing people.
What will it cover?
- Moving into management – hopes and fears
- Management, manager, manage – terms and expectations
- Being a manager – qualities and activities
- Being a manager – roles and structures
- Being a manager – managing people
- Lots of practical activities in large and small groups
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions