One day course
The course covers some of the key stumbling blocks for those new to people management, including defining your role, performance management and what to do when things are going wrong.
Learn a framework for managing people which can be applied to any management style in most organisations. You’ll leave this course more confident and with better skills for working with others in a sensitive but effective way.
Who should sign up?
Anyone who is responsible for managing staff or projects will find this course beneficial, particularly if they’re new to managing people.
What will I get out of it?
- Start from the right place: understand why people need to be managed and where your role fits in.
- Learn how to carry out an effective one-to-one based on sharing and constructive actions, rather than conflict and tension.
- Shape your management style around boundaries and expectations, and learn how to plan steps for your staff to work within them.
- Discover how to give effective feedback that builds rather than crushes a person’s approach to their work.
- Find out what causes poor performance and how to address it with your reports.
- Learn the importance of positivity, including how to emphasise things your people are getting right without sounding fake or as if you’re paying lip-service.
What will it cover?
- The fundamentals of staff supervision
- The one-to-one: what to cover, when to have them, how to record them, and how to outline the changes that need to be made
- Setting boundaries and expectations
- Giving feedback
- Addressing poor performance
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions