This date is longer available. Please refer to the left of of the page for alternative dates.
One day course
We spend so much of our working lives in meetings. So, it’s vital that we get the most out of them – and don’t waste time – or money!
This course will give you the skills to do just that. You’ll explore good practice for leading/chairing meetings and being an effective meeting participant.
You will evaluate how your meetings are currently run and develop an action plan for making meetings more effective in the future.
Who should sign up?
Staff currently responsible for participating in or leading/chairing meetings who want to improve their skills will find lots of useful new tips and advice. The course is also suitable for people new to leading/chairing meetings.
What will I get out of it?
- Assess current meetings and areas for development
- Identify common problems in chairing and how to deal with them
- Use a range of strategies for handling difficult behaviour during meetings
- An assessment of how decisions are made in your meetings
What will it cover?
- Different types of meetings
- Describe good and bad meetings
- Chairing versus facilitating meetings
- Outline the 6 Stages of Chairing Meetings and explain the roles and responsibilities of the chair
- List the key items to be included in terms of reference, agendas and minutes
- Meetings Health Check
- Meeting Checklists
Trainer: Mike Phillips
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions