One day online course
Our online courses take place via Zoom and include a one hour lunch break as well as brief refreshment breaks. This is a practical, highly interactive course incorporating thought-provoking discussions, individual work, and facilitator input.
Understanding unconscious bias is crucial in working towards equity, diversity, and inclusion. Displayed in subtle and sometimes not so subtle ways it impacts on relationships and service delivery. This course offers the opportunity to consider how to work well in a diverse environment by raising your awareness and maximising your knowledge to ensure plans become actions.
Who should sign up?
If you are seeking a course that offers a brief overview of key equality, diversity and inclusion issues and moves onto addressing the question of implementing actions and possible challenges – this is the ideal course for you.
What will I get out of it?
- Explore the benefits and power of diversity in the organisation including key equality, diversity, and inclusion matters
- Understand the context and key terms of unconscious bias
- Consider the challenges of uncomfortable conversations around unconscious bias and work towards constructive conversations
- Moving plans into actions – policies, process, and practice
What will it cover?
- An overview of equality, diversity and inclusion matters including legislation
- Escalating discrimination and micro-inequities
- Unconscious Bias
- Addressing the question of intersectionality
- Meeting the challenge – plans into actions
- Uncomfortable conversations
Trainer: Judeline Nicholas
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions