One day course
Impactful and clear writing leads to more support and donations, and your audience will get a better understanding of your points and stories.
Learn how to engage and inspire on this course, with easy to learn techniques for powerful writing, whether for an internal document, an external fundraising appeal, an annual report, leaflet or poster.
Who should sign up?
This course is for anyone who wants to engage their audience quickly and deeply, and to get them to take action: fundraisers, campaigners, information officers and more.
Managers and even experienced charity copywriters will find lots that is new and valuable here.
What will I get out of it?
- Learn how to overcome poor self-confidence in your writing, and how to believe that you CAN write well.
- Start writing the human stories you encounter every day in an engaging way that moves and inspires your readers to take action.
- Take dull and lifeless information, like statistics and facts, and give them more punch and emotion so they bring your copy to life.
- Discover how to think about your reader: writing for your audiences takes skill and empathy, as well as a different approach depending on who you’re writing for.
- Explore a few quick and easy tricks that will improve your writing right away, from creating powerful headlines to that all important ‘call to action’.
- On the day, you’ll do exercises to practise and improve your writing, and you’ll take away new skills to start using right away.
- With worksheets, tips and tools to help you in your daily work, plus techniques to un-stuff your writer’s block.
What will it cover?
- Developing a writing brief
- Facing a blank page: getting started
- Planning and structuring the words you’re going to use
- Choosing the right tone and voice for your piece
- Using stories and case studies effectively
- Design and format
- Editing, proofreading, and learning to take feedback constructively
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions