Skip the primary navigation if you do not want to read it as the next section.
Skip the main content if you do not want to read it as the next section.
Published by DSC
Part of the Essential Starter Pack
One of the biggest challenges for anyone faced with responsibility in a charity is getting to grips with the rules on finance, particularly all the special requirements under charity law. In a format short enough to read in a couple of evenings, this handbook covers the key principles in charity accounting and finance.
Updates in this third edition:
- New 2009 financial thresholds for charity accounts in England and Wales
- Accounting regime under the Charities Act (Northern Ireland) 2008
- Revised thresholds for Scottish charities taking effect in 2011
- Guidance on charity tax and gift aid updated from Budget 2010
- All VAT explanations updated for 20% standard rate of VAT from 2011
- Issues for charity accounting as UK standards and international financial reporting standards converge
- Updated contact addresses
- Many new implementation dates added.
Containing plenty of helpful examples, this guide is suitable for voluntary sector workers with little or no accounting experience, those from other sectors seeking a rapid update on charity accounting and students on third sector courses.
ĎEssential reading for anyone who needs a rapid but thorough introduction to charity accounting.í
Helen Turnbull ACA, Hon. Treasurer, ChildHope
ĎAn extremely clear and concise introduction ... A very impressive book.í
Dr Terry OíSullivan, Chair of the Open Universityís Fundraising Course
Buy the Essential Starter Pack for £ 50.00
- ISBN 978 1 906294 64 9
- 208 page(s)
- 3rd Edition (updated reprint April 2012)
- September 2010