On the first anniversary of the GDPR, what have we learnt? With the first enforcement action and the anticipation of many more cases in the future, have organisations done everything they can to implement data protection law into everyday processing of data?
It’s only the beginning
The fact is that most charities are only just beginning their journey. With misunderstanding and some misdirection, there remains some confusion over what is required to be compliant with the law. Whether you’re processing data for fundraising purposes, or processing the data of service users to deliver vital support, there is no excuse for not having a thorough and comprehensive plan for the protection of personal data.
A blended approach to the subject
If you’re interested in this topic, we are offering a masterclass for charities in June. This course will empower you to make decisions about how data should be processed lawfully and how to uphold the rights of all data subjects.
This course delivers a combination of:
- Relevant case studies
- Current interpretations of the law
- Straightforward advice
It is carefully crafted to:
- Help any charity avoid breaches of data protection
- Protect it from scrutiny or even enforcement action
Guiding you through the maze of lawful requirement, this training will help you:
- Undertake a Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Decide on whether you should use your Legitimate Interest to process data
- Write a data protection policy
- Deal with subject access requests