Thursday 18 March
Youth Centre Recovery Fund (England)
The Julia and Hans Rausing Trust has announced an £8 million fund to help charities that run youth centres survive and recover from the impact of Covid-19. Funding will be for core costs and will cover the period from 1 April – 30 September 2021. There is no fixed grant amount. The deadline for applications is 4pm on the Wednesday 31 March 2021. Applications should be submitted online here.
Tuesday 16 March
Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust – Rights and Justice
Funding is currently available through the trust’s Rights and Justice grant programme for organisations responding to the ‘dual harms of Covid-19 and systemic racism’. According to its website, the following work will be supported:
• Collation of evidence of lived experience of structural inequalities arising from the impact of or responses to Covid-19 for black and minority ethnic communities, refugee and other migrants
• Work that holds the government to account for systemic inequalities, injustices or abuses of power arising from its responses to Covid-19
• Work that builds the foundations for collective action, including resources for networks of activists to be effective, and the development and showcasing of long-term systemic alternatives.
Interested organisations must register by Friday 13 August 2021 and the deadline for application is 5pm on the Tuesday 31 August 2021. Find out more here.
Monday 15 March 2021
Heritage Fund – Green Recovery Challenge Fund round 2
The second round of the Green Recovery Challenge fund is now open. The fund supports nature projects across England with grants of up to £2 million. Projects must deliver against at least one of the fund’s three themes:
- Nature conservation and restoration, including ecosystem restoration and species recovery;
- Nature-based solutions, particularly for climate change mitigation and adaptation; and
- Connecting people with nature.
The application deadline for grants of between £50,000 and £250,000 is Wednesday 14 April 2021. The deadline for Expressions of Interest for grants of between £250,000 and £2 million is 22nd March. Visit the fund’s website for further information.