Friday 22 January
GM BAME Communities – Small Grants scheme
GMCVO has launched the Emergency Grants for GM BAME Communities – Small Grants scheme. Grants of between £1000 to £5000 are available to small BAME led VCSE organisations to respond to the needs of their communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. Organisations must be operating in Greater Manchester or benefit of Greater Manchester residents. Funding will be given for a range of activities such as:
- Services that support the health and wellbeing of members of vulnerable BAME communities in Greater Manchester
- Foodbanks and projects working to combat hardship caused by the pandemic
- Organisations that have been specifically established to respond to the crisis
- Volunteer costs for new and existing organisations responding to the effect of the crisis
- Additional costs of working remotely and adapting services delivered in the wider community
- Support for organisations that provide support for vulnerable groups within BAME communities to counter the loss of income and fundraising which can be directly linked to the COVID-19 pandemic
Applications close on Friday 26 February 2021 at 4pm. Find out more.
Thursday 21 January
Community-Led Recovery Programme
The Mayor of London has launched the Community-Led Recovery Programme that aims to work with communities that are disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to lay foundations for the future. Applications are invited from user-led community, voluntary, faith, cultural, grassroots organisations working in Greater London. The programme will offer two grant schemes:
- Community-Led Action Grant: grants of up to £9,000 to initiate social action projects which gather new insights.
- London Community Story Grant: grants of up to £1,500 to organisations with existing projects that capture Londoner’s experience of COVID-19, supporting them to be presented and shared to a wider audience.
Online information sessions and application workshops are being held for potential applicants on Thursday 28 January and Wednesday 3 February. The deadline for applications is 12pm Friday 19 February 2021. Find out more.
Wednesday 20 January
John Lyon’s Charity Covid-19 School Holiday Activity Fund (SHAF)
Applications are still open for John Lyon’s Charity’s Covid-19 School Holiday Activity Fund (SHAF). The Fund is designed to enable organisations to deliver fun and accessible activities for children and young people during the school holidays. Grants of up to £4,000 are available to registered charities or mainstream state schools working in the London boroughs of Barnet; Brent; Camden; Ealing; Hammersmith & Fulham; Harrow; Kensington & Chelsea; Westminster; and the City of London. The application deadline to receive funding for the Easter holidays is Monday 1 March. Find out more.
Tuesday 19 January
Co-operation Ireland Covid Recovery Fund
Co-operation Ireland, in partnership with Rural Community Network, has announced the re-opening of the VCSE Covid Recovery Fund. Grants of up to £5,000 are available to voluntary, community or social economy organisations in Northern Ireland for the purchase of PPE and other sundry items to enable the re-opening and/ or continued delivery of vital community services. Applications close at 4pm on 29 January 2021. Find out more.
Monday 18 January
Youth Covid-19 Support Fund
The £16.5 million Youth Covid-19 Support Fund is open to grassroots youth clubs, uniformed youth groups, and national youth and umbrella organisations in England, to help to mitigate the impact of lost income during the winter period due to the coronavirus pandemic, and ensure services providing vital support can remain open. The deadline for applications is 12th February at 5pm. Find out more.