The Royal Air Force Museum offers an immersive experience for its visitors, helping people understand the impact of the RAF, whilst preserving and sharing the stories of current and former servicemen and their families. With a world-class collection on display alongside art, memorabilia and special exhibitions, the museum works to uphold this legacy and provide a comprehensive and innovative experience- free of charge for all.
RAF Centenary Programme
To mark the centenary of the Royal Air Force in 2018, the museum is undergoing an ambitious programme to transform the London site, open a series of new exhibitions, and provide a new learning programme to inspire young people in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) subjects. Commemorating the courage and loyalty of its personnel, the Centenary Programme aims to ensure that the RAF story endures, educates and enriches for generations to come.
How Trustfunding.org.uk helped their fundraising efforts
Prior to the RAF Centenary Programme the Museum did little fundraising. In the last 18 months, the organisation has raised £15.9 million towards the programme, of which just over a quarter has been generated via trustfunding.
Miklos Kiss, Trusts and Foundations Manager
‘I have been using Trustfunding.org.uk for over 10 years. The website is information rich so a lot can be achieved quickly. It is always my first port of call for researching trusts, and getting a sense of what is achievable and is very helpful to drill down and locate potential donors quickly. No other source offers this flexibility and access to the information I need. It is an invaluable tool.’
Funding for Museums, Miklos’ top 5 tips:
- Always read the funders guidelines and objectives and adhere to them completely. This is where Trustfunding.org.uk is really useful as it clearly lays out guidelines and areas of support.
- Have a clearly defined project in mind that has the full support of your organisation.
- Communicate that project concisely; focus on how you will make a difference, and what the outcomes are.
- Make sure the budget is realistic.
- Get your organisation’s leaders to engage with the funder where possible / reasonable, and get them to make ‘the ask’.