Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, I’m really sorry to say that DSC has been forced to furlough almost 70% of our staff effective from 5pm Friday 27 March. As you may be aware we are almost entirely self-financing. This is, in normal times, a strong and reliable funding model. We essentially fund our work supporting charities through sales of our events, publications and funding website. However, because of this situation our income has almost completely dried up for the time being, although we are confident that this is a short term situation and we will bounce back later in the year.
We understand that many of you are in the same boat and our hearts bleed for you and those you are trying to serve. We will still be doing our level best to provide you with information and support to help you to both survive and continue your vital work and we are working hard with sector colleagues to get more resources in to our sector.
With our skeleton staff we will be:
- Maintaining and updating our Funds Online database so you can still find the funding help you need
- Researching new and additional sources of funding to specifically support you all during this time
- Developing on-line resources to help people who are working from home
- Campaigning with sector colleagues for support for the wider sector
- Keeping you updated daily with what is going on and pointing you to sources of help and advice
For more information and updates please visit our homepage.
We believe that we, and many of you, will get through this and we hope to be back up and running and fully staffed as soon as is possible.
See you all on the other side. Stay safe. Stay well. Health first.
Debra Allcock Tyler, CEO, DSC