As part of our purpose to be with people today for a better tomorrow, the Aviva Community Fund offers year-round support to causes that are building stronger, more resilient communities across the UK. We’ve partnered with Crowdfunder to help causes fundraise online and gain donations from both Aviva and the wider public.
Over the years, we’ve found that the organisations that make the biggest impact are those that are given the opportunity to innovate and test new ideas without fear of risk. That is why we’re supporting projects that enable causes to adapt their vital services and embrace innovation to create a brighter, more sustainable future.
Our hope is that by offering organisations ongoing support through the sharing of skills and resources as well as funding, we can help them to make a sustainable, long-term, positive impact on their community.
Aviva has a strong and long track record of tackling sustainability issues. We feel it’s vital that our funding focus is in line with Aviva’s Sustainability Ambition to take action on climate change, help build stronger and more resilient communities and run as a sustainable business. This ambition includes the most demanding climate goals of any insurance company in the world – net zero carbon emissions by 2040. You can find out more about our goals here (link to https://www.aviva.co.uk/aviva-edit/in-the-news-articles/net-zero-by-2040/).
That’s why we want to support projects that are building stronger, more resilient communities across the UK. To achieve this, we’re investing in three key areas:
- Building back better – helping society to bounce back from the pandemic by addressing the health and wellbeing and economic impacts on communities and individuals
- Climate champions – helping communities to prevent, prepare for and protect against the impacts of climate change
- Financial empowerment – supporting financial inclusion and giving people the tools to become more financially resilient and independent.
To give causes the opportunity to innovate and test new ideas, in addition to the above criteria, any projects submitted should also aim to:
- develop a new approach, product or technology;
- implement a new initiative or pilot a new scheme;
- expand existing services to a new area or beneficiary group; or
- adapt services to meet today’s needs without compromising those of future generations.
Applications for 2021’s third round of funding are open until 6 July.
Applicants must be 18 or over and projects must benefit UK communities rather than any one individual. Find full eligibility details here.
Got a question? Contact the Aviva Community Fund team by emailing [email protected]