Two day course
This course will help those of you without an accounting degree properly interpret your organisation’s accounts and understand the basic principles of management accounts, balance sheets and income and expenditure accounts.
It will bust jargon and explain the fundamentals, so you can be more effective in this important area.
Who should sign up?
Non-accountants and managers in small- and medium-sized charities. Finance staff needing a context for their work, who have limited previous training, will also find the course useful.
What will I get out of it?
- Understand a simple set of accounts.
- Get an overview of the budgeting process.
- Have a better idea of the content of good management accounts.
- Have confidence to ask questions about accountants and auditors.
What will it cover?
- Practical exercises in reading accounts and understanding jargon and terminology
- Basic principles underlying balance sheets and income and expenditure accounts
- Restricted and unrestricted funds
- Understanding fixed assets and depreciation
- Interpreting accounts
- Overview of budgeting and management accounting
Trainer: Uday Thakkar
*Please note: Participants should bring their organisation’s statutory account and a calculator
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions