One day course
This course will show you how to create an effective business or strategic plan for your organisation. You’ll learn how to think strategically, beat common problems and lots of practical business planning techniques. Plus, how the plan can be used internally and externally.
You’ll leave ready to create a plan guaranteed to succeed.
Who should sign up?
Staff and trustees looking at their organisation’s future direction and strategy and drawing up business plans. The course will also be useful for staff from funding bodies who may need to evaluate business plans as part of the funding process.
What will I get out of it?
- Understand what strategy is and its relevance to voluntary organisations.
- Use an outline process you can adapt to help your organisation develop strategy in a creative, participative and structured way.
- Understand a range of practical tools and techniques to help develop future strategy
- Understand how to bring about strategic change in organisations.
- Appreciate how a plan can be used internally to steer the organisation, and externally to win support from funders.
- Understand the business planning format and process.
- Learn to lead the planning process and how trustees, staff, volunteers and others can play a part in developing the plan.
What will it cover?
- The importance of having a clear strategic direction
- Common problems in being strategic and how to tackle them
- The process for developing a plan
- Leading the planning process
- Tools and techniques to draw up and present the plan
- Costing the plan and developing a sustainable business model
Trainer: Neil Johnstone
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions