Book included: Writing for Work
This course is now closed for online registrations. For last minute bookings please ring our Customer Service team on 0207 697 4200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online one day course
4 x 1 hour Zoom workshops with break and lunch time (10.00-12.15 & 13.15-15.30)
Aims: To be able to write with confidence in an appropriate style and to communicate clearly and concisely in writing; to create a clear framework for reports and documents and to develop a structured approach to writing that makes the task easier and more accessible.
Who should attend?
Anyone who has to write business emails, documents and reports and would like to build confidence in their style and approach.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Spend some time on planning methodically before starting to write
- To clearly structure both long and short reports
- To write in a style suitable for the type of report and target audience
- Be aware of common grammatical errors
- To realise the benefit of editing and checking
Identifying the barriers to writing clearly and concisely – what gets in your way and how can you overcome some of these barriers?
- The importance of a systematic approach: planning, writing and checking
- Thinking about your audience’s expectations and needs
- Planning a structure for both formal reports and other documents
- Getting the right headings and sub-headings
- Using a professional style and tone: accuracy, brevity and clarity
- Common grammatical errors and pitfalls
- The importance of the final stage: editing and checking
There will be some exercises, working in groups and pairs as well as individually and plenty of time for questions and discussion. Participants will also be encouraged to work together and support each other throughout the day. Participants are also invited to bring examples of reports they have written or are currently working on.
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions