Thursday 19 – Friday 20 September 2019, Nottingham
This is your opportunity to keep abreast of all the latest developments in the charity finance world.
As usual the programme includes a mix of tax and regulatory updates, sessions focussed on areas of responsibility often added to the Finance Director’s role (such as legal, employment and governance matters), strategic financial thinking and opportunities for personal development.
This year we have an over-arching theme on the role that meaningful financial information can play in reinforcing public trust in charities. This will be the theme of our opening plenary from Kate Lee of CLIC Sargent as well as a panel discussion on day two.
It is also your chance to network with other financial professionals in a friendly and informal environment.
For two days, we’ll focus on the following themes:
- Charity tax made simple
- Introduction to SORP
- VAT update
- Gift Aid update
- Investments made simple
- Getting the most from your accounting system
Legal & governance
- Introduction to charity law & update on recent developments
- Making the treasurer/FD relationship work
- Focus on charity governance
- Employment law
- Charity Governance Code – how do you shape up?
- Data protection
Finance Director’s role in …
- Providing assurance on management of risk
- IT project management
- Facilitating an efficient audit process
- Getting your accounts to tell the story
- Helping all staff understand finance
- Minimising fraud
- Tools and techniques for creative problem solving
- Manager as coach
- Top tips for presenting with Impact
- Integrity In leadership
- Time management
Non-residential: enjoy the full two-day experience without staying over
Residential: escape the office for a full 48 hours to combine work and play
Includes hotel accommodation, three-course meal and entertainment on Thursday 19 September
£650 Charities; £580 Early Bird
£1050 Commercial; £950 Early Bird
Residential Early Bird expires at 5pm on Friday 5 July
* Please note that when choosing your sessions for both days, the price automatically defaults to the EB residential price of £580 charity rate.
Sayer Vincent – Sayer Vincent is an audit and advisory firm with a social purpose. Established over 30 years ago, we provide a full range of audit, assurance, tax and consultancy services targeted exclusively at charities and other social purpose organisations. We are proud of this exclusive focus. It means that all our staff and partners have made a clear commitment to wanting to work with the sector and to deliver our objective of supporting social purpose organisations to be more effective at delivering their social impact. We measure our success on how effectively we achieve that objective. Find out more about our services at: www.sayervincent.co.uk
Important: When booking, please be aware that due to system set up, Band A & B apply to Charities rate, and Band C applies to Commercial rate.
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions