One day course
Learn to write well and you’ll be able to create convincing, emotional, impactful and authentic documents that keep the support and the funds coming in.
This comprehensive course covers all the major aspects of good quality charity copywriting, including ensuring you write for your audience, write with purpose and tell great stories.
Writing is something you can get good at very quickly, and you’ll never stop learning the more you do it. Get started by booking on this course now.
Who should sign up?
This course is suitable for anyone who has to write as part of their charity job, but those in communications, PR or senior management will find it immediately applicable to everything they do.
What will I get out of it?
- Learn how to tug on the heart strings, give your audience what it wants and to write in a convincing rather than salesy or sleazy way.
- Start to develop your organisation’s tone of voice and the language that most effectively gets your story across.
- Plan your written communications to get the job done well, including what documents you need and what they are supposed to do.
- Learn about influence: how can your words change a reader’s mind, their emotional state or help to overcome the barriers that are holding them back.
- Consider the most important aspects of good charity writing: headlines, story, quotes and structure. Learn how to use them to pack the biggest punch.
- Consider how to tailor your writing to fit different channels, such as direct mail, magazines, online and for smartphones.
What will it cover?
- Finding your voice
- What do you mean, you don’t plan?
- Writing headlines
- From features to benefits
- Awakening desire
- Convincing the reader to act
- Five ways to bring your writing to life instantly
- Editing your copy
- Applying the techniques to blog posts, web pages and direct mail
- Where to go from here
Wherever possible, we’ll work on your copy, or copy closely related to what you produce. Numbers on the course are limited to 12.
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions