One day online course
Online courses take place via Zoom and include a one hour lunch break as well as brief refreshment breaks.
Book included: Key Guides: The Charity Trustee’s Handbook
Whether you are a new or longstanding trustee, or a member of staff this course will provide you with the most up to date advice and information about charity boards. From legal requirements and best practice to walking the line between supporting and interfering, it will help you feel more informed and able to be an effective trustee or support your charity board.
Who should sign up?
- Those considering becoming a trustee but want to know more before they do.
- New charity trustees who want to understand the fundamentals of being a trustee.
- Serving charity trustees who want to update or refresh their knowledge.
- Staff in charities who need to know what trustees do, or develop an effective board.
What will I get out of it?
- Explore the benefits and challenges of being a trustee
- Develop further skills in your role as a trustee
- Work more effectively as a member of the governing board
- An opportunity to ask questions and get advice
What will it cover?
- How to be Compliant – Legislative, regulatory, and best practice guidelines
- How to be Useful – Bringing your own areas of expertise to the board
- How to be Supportive – Walking the line between helping and interfering
- How to be Effective – Using the time you have effectively as a trustee
- How to be Strategic – Getting the balance right between detail and strategy
- How to stay Informed – Information and reports trustees should expect and receive
- Trustees in a Crisis – The role of a trustee during a time of crisis.
- Trustee surgery – An opportunity to discuss real challenges and issues.
Trainer: Leesa Harwood
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions