This course date is no longer available.
Half day course
This course is ideal for new trustees, giving an overview of the role and your responsibilities, so you can be confident and successful in your new position.
It covers everything from charity law to duties and liabilities, leaving you ready to lead your organisation effectively.
Who should sign up?
Charity trustees who want a good understanding of the fundamentals of being a trustee. Staff in charities who need to know what trustees do will also find the course useful.
What will I get out of it?
- Develop further skills in your role as a trustee.
- Work more effectively as a member of the governing board.
What will it cover?
- Charity law and the role of the board
- Company law and the role of directors of charitable companies
- Board and trustee duties and liability
- Terms of reference of board officers
- Strategic direction and financial management in brief
- Selection, recruitment, induction and training of trustees
- Board interaction with staff: policies, procedures and reporting
Trainer: Denise Lillya
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions