Half day course
Each principle sets out the rationale, key outcomes and recommended practice. This course is ideal for all trustees who want a good understanding of the Charity Governance Code and how it applies to their current governance practices. It is relevant to staff who need to know what trustees do and how they can best support and advise trustees to shape their governance effectively.
What will I get out of it?
- Gaining an awareness of the Principles of the Charity Governance Code.
- Designing effective boards – Exploring how the tool can support continuous improvement towards the highest governance standards.
- Succeeding in the board room – Revising and reflecting on a foundation of trustees’ basic legal and regulatory responsibilities.
- Developing your governance action plan – how does the Charity Governance Code fit with your governance practices? What needs to happen to support compliance with the Code?
- Considering ways to ensure effective leadership today and in the future.
What will it cover?
- The principles of the Charity Governance Code.
- Models of Governance that can support adherence to the Code.
- Succeeding in governance – The role of the chair is supporting good governance.
- Connecting board, chief executive and staff through relationships that work.
- Board and trustee competence that will be enhanced using the Code.
- Using the Code to enhance team working and team dynamics.
- Codes of Conduct for boards.
- Enhancing the board – Approaching board assessments using the Code.
- Designing your governance framework – tools and techniques to achieve high performing governance.
- Exercises and discussions to discuss the rational and key outcomes of the principles and deciding how the recommended practice can be applied to your charities.
- The value of trust and confidence.
What will be the key outcome from attending the course?
Participants will be able to develop an updated framework for their governance. In addition they will be able to consider how the Charity Governance Code can be used to elevate their governance practices. Staff will be in a strong position to support the board in adopting the Code and enhancing board competences. Knowing when to take charge, when to partner and when to stay out of the way.
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions