One day online course
Conflict and disagreement are part of organisational life and sometimes just necessary to move things forwards. There is a difference, however, when low moods and morale prevail and it is not clear why. This course will help you understand emotional intelligence and the positive impact you can have on your team.
Who should sign up?
Managers and Leaders.
What will I get out of it?
- Understand the difference between management and leadership and their different roles and responsibilities
- Moving into the bigger picture – why does emotional intelligence matter and why is it so important for the role of the manager/leader?
- Defining emotional intelligence and the competences relevant to the management role
- The importance of intrapersonal skills: self-management
- Recognising the ‘emotional cues of the boss’ and how contagious these can be
- How moods impact results
- Impacting the ‘feel good’ factor
- Developing a coaching approach
What will the course cover?
- What is the job of the manager/leader and what are their key roles and responsibilities?
- Defining emotional intelligence and its relevance and importance to the role of manager
- Identifying and applying the relevant key competencies of emotional intelligence to the manager’s role
- Understanding your own emotional temperament and behaviours and how these impact your team and those around you
- The challenge of self-management for the manager/leader
- Good moods, good work: tapping into peoples’ positive emotions
- What we mean by coaching skills – what are the benefits and what are the skills to work on?
Trainer: Chrissie Wright
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions