One day online course
Online courses take place via Zoom and include a one hour lunch break as well as brief refreshment breaks
Digital book (pdf) included: Speed Read: Presentations
Having to give presentations can be nerve wracking at the best of times. Now you have to do it on Zoom or Teams or some such tech, and it’s just not the same as being face to face! We get it and so we’ve adapted our Essential Presentation Skills course to fit within the context of remote and restricted working – and all that comes with that.
Sign up for this introductory course where we will explore useful techniques, good practice, tips for problems and how to engage your audience. Practice is a key part of this course, so, as we would in a classroom, participants will prepare and deliver a short presentation to the group (or small groups).
Who should sign up?
People with little experience of giving presentations or those with experience who are feeling a little bit more nervous dealing with the ‘virtual’ aspect.
What will I get out of it?
- Get essential tips for structuring presentations
- Explore and practise techniques to help you deliver a talk online
- Discuss how to handle the nerves and keep your audience’s attention
- Consider the implications for presentations when not face to face
- Practice – preparing, delivering, and playing with tech functions
- Identify areas for improvement and action to take
What will it cover?
- Preparation and planning: content, structure, methods, resources and yourself
- Methods for engaging the audience
- Making technology work for you and the audience
- Other elements to take into account when giving a speech/presentation: timing, nerves, body language, rapport with audience, visuals and listening to your audience
- Practice session and feedback for future development
Trainer: Cathy Shimmin
Book your space and access an exclusive 15% off on DSC publications
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions