One day online course
Online courses take place via Zoom and include a one hour lunch break as well as brief refreshment breaks.
Whether you regularly need to report to the board or support the auditors at year end, this course will give you the knowledge and confidence to do so. Building on what you’ve learned in the course Finance for Non-Finance Managers (or equivalent experience), this more advanced course will give you a deeper understanding of charity finance and further improve your financial literacy.
You’ll leave equipped with the skills to have informed conversations with your colleagues in finance, trustees and auditors.
Who should sign up?
- Anyone working in a non-financial position in a charity who needs a better understanding of charity finance
- Previous attendees of the course Finance for Non-Finance Managers who would now like to develop their skills further
- Those who already have an understanding of basic accounts who would like to develop their skills further
What will I get out of it?
- Get a better overview of preparing accounts
- Increase your understanding of numbers and financial information
- Gain confidence to engage in conversation with accountants, auditors and finance staff
- Understand how management accounts are used to support organisation performance and strategy
- Improve your understanding of how management accounts, year end acccounts and forecasts can improve funding applications
What will it cover?
- Overview of bookkeeping and accounting process
- Create budgets for multiple projects and years
- Preparation of accounts using cash and accruals accounts
- Preparation, presentation and interpretation of management accounts for multiple projects
- Explanation of key finance terminology – Going concern, Depreciation, Accruals, Deferred income, prepayments etc
- Understand, interpret and analyse accounts using key financial ratios
- Analyse and interpret the year end accounts
- Understand the independent examiner’s and auditor’s report
- Managing financial risks
Trainer: Genny Jones
Book your space and access an exclusive 15% off on DSC publications
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions