Half day course
This half day seminar is aimed at existing or potential Trustees or anyone who has a governance role as well as senior managers within charities.
What will it cover?
Understanding finance and financial management is a major weakness in the governance and management of charities. The increasing competition for funding, pressures to quantify outcomes, improve efficiency and public scrutiny requires that Trustees need to be confident that they have a grip on this vital aspect of their charity’s strategy and sustainability.
Understanding the risks associated with the financial function will better safeguard Trustees as well as the charity.
- Governance – key areas of responsibility
- What to supervise and manage
- Improving communications
- Creating and supporting financial strategy
- Understanding and reviewing financial information
- Using common sense
- Understanding and mitigating risk
- Demanding action
- Understanding reserves
- Trustee responsibilities for year-end accounts and the Trustee Annual Report
The workshop will be led by Uday Thakkar a former charity chief executive, currently a Chair and a trustee of several charities, who is also a charity governance and charity finance expert.
Trainer: Uday Thakkar
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions