This date is no longer available please refer to the dates on the left of the page for alternatives
This workshop is a follow on from the 2 day Accounting & Financial Management workshop. However anyone in a senior management position, or moving into one, will benefit from attending this workshop which will help you to use numbers to your advantage
One day course
The workshop dwells deeper into using financial methodologies to take operational and strategic decisions. The workshop explores the use of costs to analyse project deliverables and to understanding better full cost recovery. In addition the workshop will look at how to understand and manage risk and how this impacts on strategy and finance.
The workshop will help you to gain a better understanding of financial accounts and what they tell a reader about your charity and so influence funding and support decisions. Finally we will explore how the Trustees Annual Report links with finances and funding and can be used to better inform the public about what you do and what you want to do.
Who should sign up?
This workshop is ideal for anyone in a senior position in a charity including chief executives of smaller and mid size charities. Some prior knowledge of budgets, financial management and financial accounts will help.
What will I get out of it?
- Understand better how to use financial data to make decisions
- Get a better understanding of using budgets
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of Full Cost Recovery
- Understand better how financial accounts are used to make funding and support decisions
- How to understand risk and use it strategically
- Understand the importance of the Trustees Annual Report and how it can assist you with generating funding and support
- Help you become an even better manager
What will it cover?
- Use of costs and marginal costing to take decisions
- Understanding the use of budgets, variances and adjusted budgets to get a clearer picture of how projects are progressing
- Introduction to and working with Full Cost Recovery
- How financial accounts are analysed
- Understanding and managing risks to allow you to make important strategy decisions
- Understanding the potential of financial accounts to raise support
Trainer: Uday Thakkar
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions