Two Day Course
This introductory course will take you, step-by-step, through every aspect of successful event planning and execution, including how to avoid over-stressing.
With no prior experience, you’ll finish the course able to construct a reliable but flexible project plan, identify and mitigate risks, market the event, staff it correctly, ensure the right people come and – most important of all – that your event raises the funds you need and is great fun for all involved.
Who should sign up?
This is a beginner’s course, so would suit anyone new to fundraising. It will also benefit experienced fundraisers who would like to launch an event or improve their event management skills.
What will I get out of it?
- Explore the various events you might launch, their benefits and risks, and which ones are most likely to work for your organisation.
- Learn the principles behind event management: why people come, what they expect, how to keep them happy and how to ensure it rewards your organisation.
- Ensure you’re also thinking about the paperwork: the legal obligations, risk assessments, tracking funds, TAX and VAT, and reporting income and expenditure.
- Create a comprehensive check-list on the day that will help you with every event you plan into the future.
What will it cover?
- Purpose, range and scope of fundraising events
- Selecting dates and venues
- Construct a plan, timeline and budget for an event
- Communicate and manage an event
- Marketing, promotion and sponsorship
- Budgets: how to break-even or better, earn a return on your investment
- Working with volunteers and celebrities
- Project planning, checklists and event evaluation
“I would just like to say that this course really enlightened me about the fundamental aspects of events management which I had never thought about. I thoroughly enjoyed it!!” Estelle-Maria Chambourd-Smith, STOLL
Trainer: Layla Moosavi
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions