If you can’t make this date…
There is a 1 hour GDPR training session at Fundraising Fair on 29-30 November, as well as a GDPR Plenary – Find out more here now.
Or if you want a whole day of data protection training, have a look at this Data Protection course on 22 November.
Half Day Course
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is due to come into force on 25 May 2018. The new legislation impacts on all aspects of charity business from marketing to fundraising, from HR to IT, and all organisations need to take steps to prepare.
What will it cover?
In this half-day course Carla Whalen, Associate Solicitor in the charity team at Russell-Cooke LLP, will:
- Give an overview of the new concepts and approaches in the GDPR
- Outline the legal bases for processing personal data and the conditions for getting consent from individuals
- Discuss what must be included in privacy notices and when they must be issued
- Review the rights of individuals under the GDPR, including changes to data subject access requests
- Discuss the new obligations on data processors and the requirements for third-party contracts
The session will include interactive case studies and discussion groups.
Trainer: Carla Whalen, Associate, qualified as a Scottish Solicitor | Russell-Cooke
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions