Going Green – Thursday 21 March 2024
The urgency of climate change continues, with the impact of severe temperatures and extreme weather events being felt more than ever in the UK and even more so overseas. The importance of the conversation around sustainability and what charities are doing continues to be vital.
We know it’s difficult to commit time, resources, and effort to improve your climate impact, especially with the financial strain the sector is under. But it is a necessary journey for all of us, and time is of the essence. Join us for a second year as we continue to discuss what we can do, how we go about it and how we embed this within our organisational cultures. We all have a role to play, no matter where we are on the journey.
Event sessions cover:
- Writing an environmental policy
- Understanding what funders look for in sustainability
- Going green when you are a small charity
- Learning from corporate sustainability best practices
- Panel discussion on ESG (environmental, social, governance) reporting
- Keynote that will discuss the continuing need to incorporate sustainability in all we do
Who should attend?
This conference is for anyone interested in making their charity more environmentally friendly. It has been designed with both larger and smaller charities in mind and will include useful information for those just starting out on their green journey as well as those looking for more advanced ideas on improving their sustainability.
The conference will be especially relevant to:
- Charity leaders and senior decision-makers
- Those in charge of charity operations (HR, Operations Directors, etc.)
- Those in charge of charity reporting (finance, accounting, impact)
- Charity trustees
10.00 – 10.15: Welcome – Join us for introductions, housekeeping and how to get the best out of your day.
10.15 – 10.45: Opening Keynote – We need to talk about sustainability!
10.45 – 11.00: Break
11.00 – 11.45: Panel discussion: ESG Reporting – Taking a purposeful and meaningful stance
11.45 – 12.00: Break
12.00 – 13.00: Breakout sessions. Choose one from the following:
- A: Writing an environmental policy – Where to begin?
- B: Learning from corporate sustainability best practices.
13.00 – 14.00: Lunch
14.00 – 14.45: Case study: Going green when you are small
14.45 – 15.00: Break
15.00 – 15.30: Closing Keynote: Understanding what funders look for in sustainability
View session details below, best viewed in full page mode
What is included in the price?
Attendance at the conference = keynote sessions, panel discussions, session talks and networking sessions.
You will also have access to the post conference hub, which will consist of:
- Recording of breakout sessions
- Access to all presentations and handouts
- Certificate of attendance for CPD hours
Join the conversation
Follow us @DSC_Charity and use #GoingGreen
Early bird ticket prices (up to and including Monday 5 February)
- Band A: £99
- Band B: £109
- Band C: £129
Ticket prices from Tuesday 6 February
- Band A: £119
- Band B: £129
- Band C: £149
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions