One day course
This key course focuses on building your organisation’s place in your community as something to support, volunteer with, donate to and trust.
You’ll learn the tried and tested methods for community fundraising, from local appeals and media work, through to door-to-door collections, engaging shops and businesses, and using committed volunteers effectively. This course brings fundraising right down to your level: among the people you care about, and those most likely to care about you.
Who should sign up?
This is a beginner’s course, suitable for those working or volunteering in local organisations, or local branches of larger charities. It will also help those responsible for managing fundraising volunteers.
What will I get out of it?
- Understand the importance of your community as a source of volunteers and funds.
- Learn why people volunteer and the value of using them effectively.
- Find out how to develop your own volunteer network, and how to manage and support them well.
- Learn the key principles of fundraising in the community.
What will it cover?
- Opportunities and challenges surrounding community fundraising
- Supporter and volunteer motivations
- Strategies for community fundraising development
- Volunteer management and support
- Keys to successful community fundraising
- Planning community fundraising events
What people say about this course
“Brilliant trainer – really useful and practical resources for a broad subject. Really well done.”
Helen Lerwill, National Deaf Children’s Society
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions