This course will take place at The Environment Centre Pier Street, Swansea, SA1 1RY.
Who should attend?
The Introduction to Social Change and Campaigning workshops are designed for those interested in social change and change making. Participants will already be involved at a basic level of campaigning or are just about to get started – whether you are challenging your council about cuts to local services or protesting about the climate crisis – if you want practical information about the next steps, then this workshop is for you.
What will I learn?
It is for people new to campaigns, people who are starting to campaign at a local level, or those who have found themselves campaigning by accident and who want to know more. Participants will improve their understanding, skills and knowledge of change making. In particular, they will understand:
- More about how change happens
- How to develop a plan for social change
- The skills needed communicate their campaign, including the story that you want to tell and the messages you want to get across
- Power and how to influence others
- The habits and behaviours of effective change makers
It will also provide an opportunity to meet other campaigners, develop your professional network and receive peer support.
Please make your booking as per the rates below (A £130; B £200; C £260) and ignore the labels when hovering your cursor over the bands. Due to DSC’s default booking system, the rates are unable to be changed for this event.
- Price Band A £130 Small organisations (turnover between £10k – £500k)
- Price Band B £200 Medium organisations (turnover between £500k – £5m)
- Price Band C £260 Large organisations (charities with a turnover of more than £5m; Local Authorities and private sector)
If the categories above don’t apply, but you fall under the categories below, please contact our customer services team on 0207 697 4200 or email@example.com to process your booking.
£30 Individuals (this ticket type is for individuals who are NOT affiliated to an organisation or campaign group)
£0 Individuals (unwaged/students/low income) and grassroots groups with NO funds
The Sheila McKechnie Foundation are the UK’s leading provider of training and support to those seeking to bring about positive social change. They act as a powerful voice for this community, and celebrate excellence through our National Campaigner Awards.
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions