One day online course
Online courses take place via Zoom and include a one hour lunch break (12.15-13.15) as well as brief refreshment breaks.
We expect that change can cause low morale, fears, confusion. That is however, a possibility, not a given. Your role as leader is to reduce that possibility and ensure that effective management and leadership of change initiatives drive their success. So, what are the pitfalls? Where do you start? Who do you involve? How do you keep going when you want to throw the towel in? All that covered, framed in a learning environment that allows for lots of peer to peer support and shared good practice.
Whether change is planned or unplanned, it can mean low morale, restructures or redundancies or significantly different ways of working to deliver services. It is simply not good enough leadership to accept that “these things always cause problems”. As a leader of organisational change you have a responsibility to ensure it is delivered with a sense of urgency and commitment balanced with practical and emotional support to employees.
Who should sign up?
Managers, department heads, senior leaders who have responsibility for delivering or overseeing change within their team or organisation.
What will I get out of it?
- Consider the impact of change on individuals, the organisation and beneficiaries
- Explore Kotter’s 8 step model and its application in the workplace
- Assess your own leadership style and how it influences your approach to leading change
- Consider communication methods and channels to gain buy-in
- Identify the key leadership skills to support effective, long lasting change
What does it cover?
- Change impact – the positive and negative and where to maximise
- Change process – key steps and factors to drive the change initiative
- Change leadership – dig deep or dig yourself out
- Communicating change – 5 bums in a bed
- Creating Change Champions – empowering and dis-empowering factors
Trainer: Cathy Shimmin
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions