Half day online course
Online courses take place via Zoom and include a brief refreshment break.
This course is part of the Building a Successful Organisation series of courses – find out more about booking all 6 dates here, or click on the dates in the menu to the left of this text to find out more about the other courses.
Charities are regulated organisations as well as having a moral duty to comply with law, best practice, and transparency. These are all aspects of the performance of a charity that are poorly understood or ignored. They are also areas where poor governance and oversight means errors are more likely, the perceived risk great enough to prevent funders from engaging with you and an area of reputational damage. This workshop looks at areas of risk and why and how best performance can be bedded in and how best to give appropriate oversight to allow the charity to flourish.
Who should sign up?
This workshop is aimed at managers and senior managers as well as trustees or others who work with or support charities.
By the end of the course, participants will have:
- A better understanding of governance and how it can improve the functioning and behaviour of charities
- Looked at where risk arises and the growing areas of risk as well as how to plan to mitigate risk
- Gained a better understanding of some of the legal issues and laws underpinning the charity sector
- Getting to grips with all those painful requirements that ensure compliance, good governance, reliance, and organisational robustness
- Building the right Board and creating and maintaining good governance
- Creating and instilling appropriate values and values systems
- Understanding the broader legal framework of charity management
- Addressing issues of risk and managing them in a fast-changing world, including: Strategic, Operational, Sectoral, Financial, Reputational, etc.
Trainer: Uday Thakkar
Book your space and access an exclusive 15% off on DSC publications
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions