One day online course
Digital book (pdf) included: It’s Tough at the Top: The no-fibbing guide to leadership
What makes you a good leader? Moving into a new role with very different responsibilities can be daunting, no matter how much management experience you may have. This course will help you develop a new frame of thinking to identify who you need to be as a leader and to focus on areas that will help you in your new role as well as looking at your worries and concerns.
You will leave with better self-awareness, new insights and will be inspired to become the best leader you can be.
(If you book a place on this course, you also have the option of booking two one-to-one follow-up coaching sessions on Skype)
Who should sign up?
This course is for all those who are stepping into a leadership role whether managers or directors. It is essentially for those new to the role or those who may have some experience but no formal training and wish to make the transition from manager to leader.
What will I get out of it?
- Understand the difference between management and leadership and define your role in the context of your current working environment, and the impact you can achieve as a leader.
- Develop how you interact with others, particularly those who you lead or have working relationships with.
- Moving into the bigger picture – how to develop your strategic thinking
- Clarifying the vision and the values
- Develop a coaching approach
- Understand and grow your influencing skills
What will it cover?
- Defining the core roles and responsibilities of the leader as well as deal with worries and concerns
- Understand your current environment and identify the impact you can achieve by understanding the ‘system’ you are working in
- Shared visions that inspire and motivate
- Building effective relationships
- Emotionally intelligent leadership
- Coaching skills to grow and develop your team
- Work on influencing skills both upwards with the Board as well as your own people.
Trainer: Chrissie Wright
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions