Please note, this course date is no longer available.
One day course
Good leadership is as much about attitude as it is about what you say and do. This practical course takes you through the mindset you need to lead a team, helping you to create your own distinctive leadership style that empowers and inspires the people you work with.
You’ll identify where you might be going wrong and find ways to fix it so you can become a true leader, rather than a manager of a disparate group who don’t know where they’re going.
Who should sign up?
This course is for charity senior staff including chief executives, directors, chairs of trustees, team leaders and anyone else who wants to lead their team effectively and create a culture of shared vision and goals.
What will I get out of it?
- You’ll pin down your own leadership style, including your particular strengths and weaknesses.
- Learn the secrets of effective communication with your team as a whole, and according to their personality type and behaviour.
- Discover how you may sometimes may be a hindrance rather than a help: learn when to step back and let an effective team get on with it without your micromanagement.
- Build your own confidence in your vision and as a leader.
- Develop your skills in setting clear, challenging but achievable objectives – and in showing your team how to do it for themselves.
What will it cover?
- Current models for leadership – what is effective for your organisation?
- Analysing your leadership style and your role as a leader and manager
- How to avoid disabling styles of leadership
- Increase self-awareness, identifying your own negative behaviours
- Align your responsibilities as a leader with the actions you take
- Understanding everyone makes mistakes, and how to learn from them
- Helping your team create goals and challenges for the future, learning from past successes and mistakes
Trainer: Will Daniel Braham
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions