Book included in the course price: Practical Project Management. A hardcopy of this course book will be posted to your preferred delivery address after you have attended your first session.
3 x 3 hours – every Tuesdays from 10.00 – 13.00 for 3 weeks
Online courses take place via Zoom and include brief refreshment breaks.
This course covers advanced aspects of good project management, including planning with collaboration, budgets, people management, measuring and demonstrating success, risk, plus much more. Working over three weeks on your own live project, you’ll leave the course with deeper confidence to manage new projects, or to become more effective on those you are already managing. You’ll be able to identify your successes and strengths, building on your own core knowledge.
This is a core course for anyone implementing new initiatives or scaling up projects in the charity sector. Please bring information on any project you’re already working on, or about to work on, to benefit from one-to-one and group advice and encouragement.
Who should sign up?
This course is for those who already have some knowledge of project management. Typically, delegates on this course would previously have completed DSC’s Basic Practical Project Management course. Delegates with comparable knowledge and experience may sign up for the advanced course directly but pre-reading ahead of the advanced course will be required.
What will I get out of it?
- Learn how to better define your project aspirations, connections, resources and actions, and how to create realistic timetables.
- Learn how to align budgets and resources to project outcomes
- Gain confidence tracking projects, marking key decisions and actions
- Get an overview of project documentation including key elements of reporting and evaluation
- Find out how to plan for the unexpected before it happens, and put a crisis management strategy in place
- Develop your tried and tested project management techniques
- Work on a real project, improving your actual work in a constructive environment
- Tips for using Excel, as well as other project planning tools
- Deepen your ability to delegate creatively, bringing diverse talents to your projects
What will it cover?
- Day 1: Project preparation and finance
- Day 2: Risk, monitoring and reporting
- Day 3: Evaluation and delegation
Trainer: Elizabeth Gray-King
This course requires you to work in Excel on a project management template; please make sure you have this to hand during the course.
Project Management courses at DSC:
- Moving into Project Management (introductory level, no Excel required)
- Basic Practical Project Management (introductory level, basic Gantt charts in Excel introduced)
- Advanced Practical Project Management (advanced level, good knowledge of project management and Gantt charts required, pre-course readings necessary)
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions