One day online course
Book included in the course price: Practical Project Management for voluntary organisations. A hardcopy of this course book will be posted to your preferred delivery address after the training.
Online courses take place via Zoom and include a one hour lunch break as well as brief refreshment breaks.
This course introduces the basic aspects of good project management, including an introduction to core project management tools, including context analysis, Gantt charts, monitoring and delegation templates. You’ll leave the course with the confidence to begin managing your own small projects, or to manage better those you are already involved with. You’ll soon be able to identify your successes and strengths, building on your own core knowledge.
This course also forms the basis to DSC’s more in-depth project management course. After completing this course, delegates can book onto Advanced Practical Project Management to deepen their understanding of practical project management.
Who should sign up?
This course is for those new to project management in both the charity and the public sector. It offers a solid introduction to Project Management and a basic framework to work to.
If you are looking for a more generic introduction to Project Management without the use of specific tools, please see our course: Moving into Project Management.
What will I get out of it?
- Learn the mindset of good project management: everything from knowing what you want to achieve and setting targets to celebrating milestones.
- Get to know the jargon of project management and learn how to collaborate and communicate with others about what you’re trying to achieve.
- Learn how to define your project aspirations, connections, resources and actions, and how to create realistic timetables.
- Learn how project managers track project progress.
- Learn how to delegate for effective task delivery
What will it cover?
- Definition of projects and project management
- Project management tools
- Introduction to context sheets
- Identification of project tasks
- Identification of milestones, task dependencies and constraints
- Estimation of timescales and production of Gantt charts
- Introduction to monitoring projects
- Introduction to delegation
- Tips for using Excel, as well as other project planning tool
Trainer: Elizabeth Gray-King
This course requires you to work in Excel during the course on a project plan template; please make sure you have this to hand during the course.
Project Management courses at DSC:
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions