Two day online course
Digital book (pdf) included: Speed Read: Risk Management
This course introduces every aspect of good project management, including planning, budgets, people management, measuring and demonstrating success, plus much more. You’ll leave the course with the confidence to begin managing your own small projects, or to manage better those you are already involved with. You’ll soon be able to identify your successes and strengths, while finding ways to work on your personal weaknesses.
This is a core course for anyone implementing new initiatives in the charity sector. Please bring information on any project you’re already working on, or about to work on, to benefit from one-to-one and group advice and encouragement.
Who should sign up?
This course is for those relatively new to project management in both the charity and the public sector. It will also offer a strong framework to work to for those who already have some experience.
What will I get out of it?
- Learn the mindset of good project management: everything from knowing what you want to achieve and setting targets to celebrating milestones.
- Get to know the jargon of project management, and learn how to communicate with others about what you’re trying to achieve.
- Learn how to define your project aims and objectives, and how to create realistic timetables and budgets.
- Find out how to plan for the unexpected before it happens, and put a crisis management strategy in place.
- Develop your tried and tested project management techniques.
- Work on a real project, improving your actual work in a constructive environment.
What will it cover?
- Definition of projects and project management
- Identification of project tasks
- Identification of milestones, task dependencies and constraints
- Estimation of timescales and production of Gantt charts
- Overview of project documentation including key elements of reporting and evaluation
- Managing people, managing risk and problem solving
- Tips for using Excel, as well as other project planning tools
What People Say About This Course:
“Best course I have been on for a while, extremely useful and presented in an interesting and inclusive way. Will definitely be using skills and tools back at work and will encourage colleagues to do the same.”
Sophie Phillips, Energy Action Devon
You have the option of gaining Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) endorsement for this course. The ILM is a nationally recognised awarding body that monitors the quality and assessment procedures of its endorsed programmes.
To gain the endorsement you will be required to complete some additional assignments and exercises, all based around course content and with tutor support.
The ILM provides certification on successful completion of the course and related assessments.
To register for the endorsement option there is an additional £140 registration fee. Simply click on ‘Add Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) certification fee’ in the right column of this page to register.
Trainer: Elizabeth Gray-King
If you would like to find out more about this option before choosing ILM Endorsed Courses please contact our training team on 020 7697 4200.
This course requires you to complete exercises on a laptop.
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions