One day online course
Online courses take place via Zoom and include a one hour lunch break as well as brief refreshment breaks.
This course moves on from simply writing good fundraising applications to how to make yours really shine and attract the attention needed to guarantee a ‘yes’. You’ll work on your own trust proposals, learning what you may have got wrong and how to improve every aspect of your application. This is a fully hands-on course, not just a list of tips and techniques. Learn in one day everything you need to hugely improve your success rate.
Who should sign up?
This intermediate level course is for those who have already tried their hand at writing fundraising applications and would like to improve their technique. It is aimed at fundraisers, chief executives and other senior staff who have at least 6 months’ experience of fundraising and need to approach grant makers and funders.
What will I get out of it?
- Get one-to-one and group feedback on grant applications you’ve written.
- Learn how to make your proposal stand out from the crowd, attracting the attention you need to succeed.
- Learn the terminology used by trusts and how to respond.
- Find out how to research trusts and to read between the lines to ensure you’re meeting their core objectives.
- Gain extra confidence in your applications, and learn to make them engaging and give them passion.
What will it cover?
- What funders are looking for and how to meet their criteria
- How to build a strong case for support
- How to convey a good track record and demonstrate credibility
- Use facts and figures effectively to add weight to your proposals
- Consider added value of volunteer and in-kind support
- Receive a critique of your funding application
- Advice on presentation of proposals
- How to answer typical application form questions well
Trainer: Gill Jolly
Book your space and access an exclusive 15% off on DSC publications
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions