Monday 26 April – Friday 30 April: 13.00 – 14.00 (Online course on Zoom)
In partnership with: Getting on Board
Book included: How to recruit trustees for your charity
Addressing all the key elements of good practice trustee recruitment, this course is practical, simple, and designed to make an immediate difference to your charity’s trustee recruitment process.
Simple, practical and immediately helpful
Good governance is vital to charities, and good governance requires strong trustee boards. But how do you find the talented diverse individuals to join your board and help your organisation grow and thrive?
This course will take you through all of the practical steps of a successful trustee recruitment campaign – from assessing skills gaps in an organisation’s trustee board, to effective advertisement, to developing meaningful inductions for a new trustee. You will leave with simple, practical and immediately helpful guidance to start recruiting trustees for your board.
Who should sign up?
Anyone who is responsible for or involved in recruiting trustees for their organisation.
What will I get out of it?
- A clearer understanding of who you need on your board (skills, knowledge, experience)
- A draft advert to attract potential trustees
- A list of ways in which your charity will advertise for trustees
- A plan for the recruitment and induction process
What does it cover?
This course addresses all the key elements of good practice trustee recruitment, including:
- The trustee recruitment process
- The trustee landscape
- Who & what do you need on your board? (skills audit)
- Your advert
- The process after advertising (incl. shortlisting, interviewing & appointing)
- Inducting new trustees
Trainer: Lynn Cadman
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions