One day course
How is this course relevant to my role as a charity trustee?
Charity trustees have a responsibility to identify, assess and manage risks to their charity. A major risk facing charity trustees relates to the protection and safeguarding of people who come into contact with the charity.
How is this course going to affect my role and the contributions I make to the organisation?
The course will provide trustees with the necessary tools to create and implement a risk management policy appropriate to their organisation and identify what action they need to take to implement a robust approach to safeguarding.
What are the key areas that this course will cover?
- An overview of the need to have a risk management policy
- The legal requirements for trustees to make a risk management statement in their annual report
- A model of how to implement risk management policy including the creation of a risk register
- Identification of what should be included in a safeguarding policy
- An understanding of what checks should be carried out on staff and volunteers that have contact with children or adults at risk
- What action to take regarding reported incidents or allegations
Who should sign up?
This course is suitable for any trustee and any member of staff or volunteer supporting the trustees in the management of risks facing the charity. In particular it will be relevant to trustees, staff and volunteers responsible for safeguarding issues.
What will it cover?
- The purpose of a risk management process
- The content of a risk management policy
- Identification of risks – categories
- Assessing risk – impact and likelihood
- Managing the risks – prevention. mitigation, avoidance, acceptance
- Recording risks and action taken – risk registers and risk logs
- Monitoring actions taken
- Reporting requirements – what needs to go in the trustees’ annual report
- Trustee responsibilities regarding safeguarding
- What is regarded as a safeguarding issue?
- What should be contained in a safeguarding policy?
- Trustee eligibility
- Disclosure and Barring Service checks
- What the Charity Commission expects in respect of safeguarding
- Managing incidents and allegations
- Reporting incidents and allegations
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions