This date is no longer available. Please refer to the left of the page for alternative dates the course will run.
The abuse of children and vulnerable people is, sadly, never far from the headlines. In recent months safeguarding in the charity sector has been brought into sharp focus.
Who should sign up?
This seminar will be relevant for charity trustees and senior managers, HR professionals and anyone responsible for ensuring the good governance of a charitable organisation.
What will it cover?
This briefing will look at the current Charity Commission guidance, requirements of charities in relation to the management, reporting of serious safeguarding matters and protecting your organisation, children and adults at risk
This will include
- Safeguarding in light of recent high profile media events
- Charity commission guidance and obligatory requirements of charities to report serious incidents
- Safer recruitment practices
- Safeguarding culture – policies, procedures, management of staff, volunteers and complaints
- Vicarious liability – responsibilities out of hours
What will delegates get out of it?
Participants will gain an understanding of the regulatory environment, the systems that need to be in place to prevent abuse and your reporting obligations if abuse has taken place.
By placing this order you agree to DSC's terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions